By Brian Weinstein
""The Holy One, blessed be He, says: If a guy occupies himself with the learn of the Torah and with works of charity and prays with the congregation, I account it to him as though he had redeemed Me and My childrens from one of the international locations of the world.""
(Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot, 8a)"
Read Online or Download 54 Torah Talks:From Layperson to Layperson PDF
Best judaism books
Because the maximum ebook of Jewish mysticism, the Zohar is a respected and much-studied paintings. but, strangely, scholarship at the Zohar has but to be aware of its most unusual literary device—the presentation of its insights whereas its lecturers stroll at the highway. In those pages, rabbi and student David Greenstein deals the 1st exam of the "walking at the highway" motif.
Have a good time within the tales of Rebbe Nachman of Breslov—for their perception into the human situation and the area of the mysterious. whilst Rabbi Nachman first all started telling his tales, he declared: "Now i will let you know tales. " the explanation he did so used to be simply because in generations up to now from God the single therapy was once to offer the secrets and techniques of the Torah—including even the best of them—in the shape of reports.
A undemanding siddur, via a similar writer as Tiku Shofar, for kids a long time eight via thirteen, junior congregations and kin companies. Illustrated with 2-color pages and gender-free translations, it gains dialogue starters, tales, ideas and questions. additionally a superb sourcebook for academics and households.
Via interviews and essays, this publication presents riveting bills of the lives of Jewish households, a lot of whom descended from japanese ecu immigrants who finally made their technique to Morgantown, West Virginia, the place they flourished and left an indelible stamp at the tradition of this school city.
- From Defender to Critic: The Search for a New Jewish Self
- Biblical Narrative and the Formation of Rabbinic Law
- Kabbalah and Ecology: God's Image in the More-Than-Human World
- The Concise Code of Jewish Law: A Guide to the Observance of Shabbat
- Living a Jewish Life, Updated and Revised Edition: Jewish Traditions, Customs and Values fo
- Ancient Jewish Prayers and Emotions: Emotions associated with Jewish prayer in and around the Second Temple period (Deuterocanonical and Cognate Literature Studies)
Extra resources for 54 Torah Talks:From Layperson to Layperson