By Chandre Dharma-wardana
This is a hugely interdisciplinary ebook straddling physics and intricate platforms resembling residing organisms. The presentation is from the viewpoint of physics, in a way available to these attracted to medical wisdom built-in inside of its socio-cultural and philosophical backgrounds. key parts of human figuring out, specifically physics and wide awake complicated structures, are awarded in basic language. An non-compulsory technical presentation is usually given in parallel the place it really is needed.
- Part I. the character of actual Law:
- A Bird's Eye View of Our Quest
- An Epistemic Hunt for medical Truth
- The legislation of Nature and the Supremacy of Symmetry
- Maxwell's Magical Trinity — electrical energy, Magnetism and Light
- The concept of Relativity
- The Quantum international and 'Reality'
- Entanglement, size and Quantum Paradoxes
- Many Particle structures and the Classical Limit
- Energy, Entropy and Emergent Properties
- Part II. advanced structures and Consiousness:
- Bio-Molecules, the Sub-Slime of Astrochemistry
- The phone because the uncomplicated Unit of Life
- Specialized Cells for Sight, perception, and Information
- Exotic, Quantum causes of Consciousness
- Addressing the Enigmatic Questions
Readership: normal viewers with curiosity in physics and complicated platforms biology in addition to technological know-how academics.
Read Online or Download A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind PDF
Similar quantum theory books
A daring and all-embracing exploration of the character and development of information from one among brand new nice thinkers. all through historical past, mankind has struggled to appreciate life's mysteries, from the mundane to the likely impressive. during this very important new booklet, David Deutsch, an award-winning pioneer within the box of quantum computation, argues that causes have a primary position within the universe.
This graduate textbook provides the fundamentals of illustration thought for finite teams from the perspective of semisimple algebras and modules over them. The presentation interweaves insights from particular examples with improvement of common and strong instruments in keeping with the thought of semisimplicity.
This concise instructional presents the bachelor pupil and the practitioner with a quick textual content on quantum physics that permits them to appreciate a wealth of quantum phenomena in line with a compact, good readable, but nonetheless concise and exact description of nonrelativistic quantum conception. This “quadrature of the circle” is accomplished via concentrating first at the easiest quantum procedure that also screens all simple positive aspects of quantum idea, specifically, a approach with merely quantized power degrees.
Have you puzzled why the language of contemporary physics centres on geometry? Or how quantum operators and Dirac brackets work? What a convolution rather is? What tensors are all about? Or what box thought and lagrangians are, and why gravity is defined as curvature? This e-book takes you on a travel of the most principles forming the language of contemporary mathematical physics.
- Quantum Mechanics: Pearson New International Edition
- Relativer Quantenquark: Kann die moderne Physik die Esoterik belegen? (German Edition)
- Coincidence Is No Coincidence
- The Imagineer's Chronicles Vol. 5 – 2014: A Journey through Four Spatial Dimensions
- The Quantum Exodus: Jewish Fugitives, the Atomic Bomb, and the Holocaust
Additional resources for A Physicist's View of Matter and Mind